Friday 16 October 2009

the sound of the music

Hi! The topic of today is music of my life. I like music, because I feel that it is the soundtrack of the different moments that I’ve lived. For this reason I like a very different kind of music.
I spend along time of my day on travelling, and this is why the music is very important in my life. My old and broken down pendrive is a very good friend of mine.
An interesting thing is that music also can be full of bad memories and then I can´t listen to it any more.
Depending on my mood I listen to sad music, rage music, nostalgic music, romantic music, and music with a deep message. For example I like very much Violeta Parra and Victor Jara; also I like classical music, especially baroque music and my favorite author is Johan Sebastian Bach; Buena Vista Social Club as well as la Vieja Trova; Trip Hop is one of my favorite music with groups such as Moloko, Portishead, Mandalay among others. Kelly Clarkson and Alanis Morriset accompanied me for a while, after I broke up with my ex and I felt so much angry (lol) her lyrics are very cathartic. I love the music and lyrics of Evanescence, Amy Lee’s voice makes me to hallucinate. Bjork… she is superb I love her voice and her poetry lyrics.
The last musical discovery is Jorge Drexler a Uruguayan author, he is very romantic and I enjoy so much his lyrics.
In short, I think that music is very important and it has a therapeutic function because it allows emotion focus on a positive and healthy direction (What would say Freud…)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=evanescence+anywhere+lyrics&search_type=&aq=1&oq=evanescence+anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrYo5Bsb28U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x-l0sRO_ls

2 comments:

  1. Elvira I like the way in which you express yourself, it is quite clear that you enjoy when you write, especially when you like the topic. Although there some minor mistakes I can see you have improved your pieces of writing session by session. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Elvira. I like Drexler too ... he is a poet whit beatiful eyes...

    Bye

    ReplyDelete